Thursday, March 25, 2010

My latest sewing project(s)

So I'm getting very excited about the cruise we're going on in June.  I decided I needed a new bag for our on-shore excursions.  I wanted one that is big enough to carry my camera, a bottle of water but can also close totally.  My current purse, the "Samantha" design is great, but someone could easily slip a hand in it and take something out, and when it gets upset, things fall out, which is fine for me around town, but on the cruise I needed my possessions to be safer.

I made this purse yesterday - it just has a few pockets inside and velcro along the entire top.












Inside:




























So today I made a travel wallet - one that specifically will hold all my travel documents including passport, ID and credit cards (or in our case, debit cards since we don't do credit anymore).













(There is also another place to store bills or things underneath the zipper)



Closed (front):


















Closed (Back):


















This is actually the second one I made today.  The first one didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to, so I made another one that I'm happier with.


Last week I also made another blanket for McKenna.  I hadn't made a faux Chenille blanket for her and the rest of the grandkids have one, so I thought she should have one, too.















Opposite Side: 














A close up:














One of the flannel fabrics that I used was not a great quality, so it ended up pretty "stringy", but I did my best to clip as much of the strings as I could.

That's all that's new for now.  Thanks for visiting!!!  Feel free to leave a comment!

No comments: