Saturday, July 16, 2011

I've done a little more sewing......

and finally took some pictures.  The previous post had a reusable shopping bag that I made out of an old curtain we brought home from Todd's grandma's house, and I used the same fabric for these.  The first thing I made was a travel jewelry holder.  Last month Todd and I went to Nebraska for a week, so I needed something to put my jewelry in.  This one is much larger than the others I've made and works great to just throw in my luggage.

Here it is closed:
Photobucket

Open:
Photobucket

The other thing I made was a tea wallet!  It will be nice to carry around this winter!!!!
Photobucket

Open:
Photobucket
It holds 12 teabags!!!

I'll probably have more time to sew now that Todd has gone back to being a truck driver.  He's been dreaming of owning his own truck since he was 18 and finally bought his own truck.  So while he's on the road, I'm at home looking for a job.  I haven't been working since the end of March when the owner of the insurance agency I was working at decided to close it completely.  Yesterday we went to get Todd's truck (again - see my post here to read about what happened) and he's on his way to his dad's, then will be in Sabetha, Kansas Monday morning to get things ready for his first load.  It will be quiet around here again, just me and Brute.  When Todd was driving before we still had Buddy.  But I'm looking forward to finding a new job and have more time to sew, knit and crochet.  Oh, and spend time with the grandkids!!!!

No comments: