Thursday, February 9, 2012

More Seat Covers.....

Another thing that has been on my "To Do" list for a while has been to make seat covers for our Mazda Protege.  If you've followed my blog, you'll know that I have already made some for our CX-7.   You can see the pictures here.  This week I decided to finally get them done.  Todd and I had picked out the fabric a while ago and it's been sitting on the shelf.  I also found some plain grey fabric that matched.  So, without further ado,
this a photo of the seat "before"
Photobucket

And "After"
Photobucket

And I added pockets to the back (there were none before).
Photobucket

I was very happy with how they turned out!

Our oldest granddaughter has a birthday in a few days, so I decided to make something for it.  Seeing all the neat stuff on Pinterest, I decided she needed a spa towel.  I had to guess at the measurements, but found sizing info on the 'net  and think I'm pretty close.

Photobucket

As always, comments are welcome!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hi where did you find a pattern for the seat covers?

Jyl's Life said...

I made it up myself. Use cheap muslin to make a pattern.

Debi said...

Well, darn. My daughter wants seat covers for her car, Now I have no excuses, I've seen yours and I like how they are made. Does the seat seat cover part stay on securely? I had bought the last set, and they weren't cheap. They slipped and slid all over the place. Of course she took them off. Did I mention that she has a white Hyundai Sante Fe, and it has a bone interior? "shudder" Very nice.

Unknown said...

I LOVE your car seats. I've been looking for something to just spruce up the inside of our van (black with black seats). I'd like to use red plaid but have not found any type of seat cover at all that fits what I have in mind. Seeing your beautiful job tells me plaid would look really nice! Guess I need to take your lead and make my own since what I've found available commercially is just not what I'm thinking of at all. Thank you for posting your completed job.. They look very professional and well made!