I'm slowly getting things done that have been on my "To-Do for Hawaii" List. One of the things I decided to do was a cover for my Canon Rebel Strap. I had made one out of flannel before, but I really wasn't too happy with it. I had bought some orange "UT" fabric a little while ago to use to mark our luggage for the trip and had some left over, so decided to use it for the new strap.
Here's the new strap cover:
In case you're interested, here is the tutorial I used. I like that it's nice and tight on the strap.
I had to use my other camera to take the picture, so it's not very good.
I also wanted to make some pouches to keep all my cords in. Decided to dig out the Bernina sewing machine (that used to be my mother-in-law's) to label them. Again, the pictures aren't that great.
A closer look at how they are labeled. I had some old fabric paint brushes from years ago so used them to color in the letters. The "ear phones" one I tried to used some dimensional fabric paint but that didn't work very well. lol
In case you are wondering, here is the link for the tutorial for these.
Finally, I had been looking for something small to use for a travel journal. I know I'll take one of our laptops so I can upload photos, but it's nice to put pen to paper every once in a while. I had one for our cruise in 2010, so decided I wanted one for this trip, too. Anyway, this is what I found at TJ Maxx for about $4 the other day:
They are small and don't take up too much room, but they're not very pretty.
So, I decided to try to put new covers on them. I had bought some scrap paper a while ago for another project, so decided to use that to recover them.
These are the pages I decided to use:
And the books:
All I did was cut the sheets to the correct size, decided what I wanted on the cover and books, then used a glue stick to glue the sheets on. It worked petty good, even though I had to take about 6 pages out of each book so they wouldn't be too tight in the cover.
This is after they were covered:
Then I decided to make some labels (printed on clear labels), then coated with modge podge (homemade, recipe here). I was pretty happy with them, but while organizing the office (for the millionth time), I found some spray laquer that said it was good for decoupage, so decided to spray that on, too. Here is the finished project:
Quite an improvement!!!!!
They're not perfect, but I'm really happy with how they turned out!
I still have some shopping to do before our trip, but need to go through my current wardrobe first to decide what else I need. Counting down the days!!!!!! Todd and I are both really looking forward to the trip!