Sunday, January 3, 2010

Quilt Top Christmas 2009

Todd and I went to Fall City for Christmas.  We were supposed to go to my parents, but weather prevented that and I was very upset.

In FC, my SIL and I went through our MIL's sewing things.  I brought home her Bernina machine, which I am VERY excited about.  I haven't sewn on it yet, but will soon, hopefully.  We also split up her fabric, batting and other sewing supplies.  We did leave a few items there so our FIL can mend things if needed.  While we were going through everything, we found a quilt she started.  She had 15 of the rows sewn together, the 16th row was still in pieces and there was one block missing.  My SIL made the final block while I sat down to sew the rows together.  It's a very pretty quilt and has the directions with it - MIL was very organized.  After it was mostly sewn together, I volunteered to bring it home and finish it since I have more free time.  After we got home, I got the last row sewn on and started on the feather stitches between the rows.  Here's what it looks like so far:
This is the top spread out on our bed  - they have a king size bed so it's much larger than our queen:




This is a little closer so you can see the feather stitching between the rows:



And much closer.  Once I get some horizontal feather stitching done, I'll post another picture.  It's going to be a beautiful quilt.


No comments: