Monday, February 8, 2010

My husband asked me last night if I was 4......pj pants

because I decided to sew myself some new flannel pajama pants.  I have a pair of Flannel PJ's that I wear that are very warm, but the legs of the pants are so big they go all the way up to my knees during the night.  So I've been thinking about doing this for a while.  We've been having an extremely cold winter (for Texas, as least).  This is what I came up with:
 
They are basic draw-string PJ pants, but I had to figure out how to add FEET!  lol   It worked and could have been better, but overall I'm happy with them.
This is how they look on:


They look extra "balloon-like" because I added elastic around the ankles.  After I got them done, I decided I really didn't need the elastic.  This fabric is some that I brought home from Falls City.  I used it all, but there's a matching fabric that I may try to make a top out of.  If I do, I'll post a picture (if it comes out OK).   I usually don't sew clothing because it's so hard to make it fit, but plain drawstring pants aren't too bad.  I've made TONS of shorts for summer using the same pattern.

Have a good week, everyone!!!! :D

No comments: