Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Curtains!!!!!

I was sitting at the kitchen table the other morning and noticed how cold it was from the windows, so decided to make some curtains.  I made four panels hoping they would be enough, but it wasn't, so yesterday I went through my fabric stash and found some other fabric I had LOTS of.  Yesterday and today I spent making the second set of curtains.  Here are the pictures:
These are in the hallway :

























And these are in the dining room:















The first set I made were blue, so I decided to move them to the office.  I don't have any good pictures yet because it's too sunny outside, but I'll update them later.


So I decided to move the curtains that were in the office to the living room:





(The plant in the window is from Nel's
Memorial Service)













I'm also still working on the quilt top I brought home at Christmas.  I'm still working on the "feather" stitch between all the blocks.  I decided to work on the long seams first just to get more done. 

I did get a couple of the short sides done and I'm very happy with the way it looks.


We have another quilt class coming up at church next month.  We are going to do an Easter table runner.  I'm going to use fabric from my stash and a lot that was Nel's.  I'm anxious to do it again, I skipped the last project they did because I had too much going on and too many unfinished projects.

Thanks for visiting my blog and I'd LOVE any comments you have.

No comments: