Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A new project!

Since we brought home a round table from Todd's grandma's house, I didn't have any tablecloths that fit well.  We brought a couple home with the table, but they are small.  So last weekend I decided I wanted to make a quilted round tablecloth.  I searched online and found this.   What made me think I could do it, I'm not sure.  The video just made it seem so easy, but later when I really sat down to look at the finished product, I started second-guessing my abilities (lol).  All the corners and everything started to scare me.  But I went to JoAnn's on Sunday.  It's so hard to pick out the fabrics!  I was worried about one of the reds.  Anyway, I started working on it.   I took it to work on Monday and pinned the pieces together, and that worked really well.  (I have a hard time taking the time to pin things when I'm sitting in front of the sewing machine,)   I had to make the boarders pretty large because the table top is 48 inches across, but I'm pretty pleased with how it came out.

Blazing Star Tablecloth

This is just the top, I need to make the sandwich, then I'm going to quilt it with transparent thread.  I'm hoping the quilting will smooth things out.

I'll post pictures when it's done.

No comments: