I finally finished the tablecloth! I really shouldn't say finally finished, it really only took me three weeks.
I decided to machine quilt it, so worked on it all day yesterday and finished about 9 pm last night. The machine quilting took about 7 hours, but I'm happy with how it came out! Whoever invented the walking foot for a sewing machine is pure genius!!! It works so well and makes the quilting very easy. The worst part of machine quilting the tablecloth was all the turning I had to do. Anyway, on with the pictures!
I've worked on a couple placemats, but don't like how they came out, so I'll have to keep working on them. I didn't cut the binding for the outside on the bias, and that makes them not lay flat. As soon as I get some done that I'm happy with, I'll post them.
Back to the tablecloth - as intricate as the pattern looks, it really was pretty easy to make. I'm tossing around the idea of making another one so we have two to change out, but really should finish one of the other projects. Nel's machine quilts so much better than my machine, so I may work on the quilt I started years ago for our bed and quit hand-quilting it and machine quilt it instead.
Happy Halloween, everyone!