Monday, August 8, 2011

Did a little sewing over the weekend.

Inspired by this post on craftster, I decided to try a couple of "buckets".  The first one turned out really bad, not surprising, so that one went in the garbaga, but the others I made were pretty good!  Now just to find a use for them.  lol

First (good) one - the green is a denim-weight fabric and the lining is a much lighter fabric.  Would work fine if you had the right stuff in it, but alone it doesn't stand up very well.  It was really tall, so I folded it over - I think I like that look!
Photobucket

Inside:
Photobucket

So I decided to do another one and add some heavy interfacing - that helped A LOT!
Photobucket
Keep in mind they were supposed to be square, but these didn't turn out very well,  So I tried again!

This one is much better!  I used actual canvas for both the outside and the lining.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket 
I didn't have any regular brown thread, so tried to use some that was thicker - and that's why the top is funky.  I had the heavier thread in the bobbin.  But I was happy it stands up on it's own!  Again, not sure where I'll use it, but we'll see if I can find somewhere.  I'm also thinking of making some small ones to organize things in the bathroom (q-tips, cotton balls, etc.).

No comments: