Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sewing bags for church and update

Wurstbraten was Monday at church, and the purse I made sold for $25. Not sure about the reusable shopping bags, when we left they were still there. I also let them use our new electric roaster, so I need to go get that sometime soon. I just bought it to use for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year since we are not going anywhere.

I'm still working on the bags for the school kits for church. I have 14 done, then my serger broke a needle. I think the new needle I put in is the wrong size, so I need to change it and rethread all FOUR threads. If anyone knows anything about sergers, you will know how hard it is to thread them. I still have three more I started on, but are not yet finished. I'll try to take pictures of them when I have time.

My parents are coming down from Nebraska next week, so I'll be busy cleaning the house and Todd needs to get the room done so we can put them in there. He started priming it and we were just going to leave the primer on, but it is VERY BRIGHT WHITE, so we decided we need to paint it a softer color. We'll go with something neutral like the rest of the house. We also need to decide if we want to put the miniblind back up - it's a very wide window, so the blind is not one you can use everywhere. I also am going to make a valance for the room. So I'm taking next Thursday and Friday off to spend with them. I haven't seen them since last Christmas,so it will be nice to have them here again. They will have lots of fun with the great-grandkids and I'll try to take lots of pictures.

I've been very tired since the time change, so hopefully I'll get some cleaning done tonight. I need to shampoo carpets and don't want to have to do it all in one night.

That's it for the update for now. Exciting, huh??!?!?!?!?! LOL

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Wahoo! I love your bags Jyl and I totally get you about your serger! I am having the SAME issue... I will try replacing the needle at some point! but grrr it isn't sewing right... AND my two sewing machines need HELP too! GAAH: