Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ottoman is DONE!!!!

I ended up not working today, so decided to work on the ottoman.  Yesterday I had taken it all apart and cut out the fabric, so today all I had to do was sew it (easier said than done).

At first I thought it had not been recovered, but found out it had been.
The bottom layer had the top as a pillow, not just smashed on like the green fabric.  So I decided, of course, to recover it as it was originally done and not the "easy" way like the green fabric was.

This was the bottom fabric - I imagine it was very pretty when it was new:

So this is the "before":
And "after":    I had to re-do the bottom twice because I goofed it up the first time.
Ottoman After

It's not the best, but I'm pretty happy with it.    I think it will go well with the chair once it's done.  I have the supplies ordered, so as soon as they get here I'll try to get it finished. (And I still need to put the cambric on the bottom, and that's part of what I ordered.)  I really had fun doing it - give me a nice sense of accomplishment!

Now I'll just have to figure out where to put them in the house once they are done.

No comments: