Thursday, March 8, 2012

I've been wanting one of these for a long time.....

Mom used to have something like this.  I've seen them at Michael's and can't remember how much they were, but I do remember thinking it was too expensive.  Then I joined Follow Me on Pinterest, I found instructions to make one!!!!  It's actually instructions to make a hamper, but I wanted to use it to hold my yarn.   The wood and hardware cost about $15 and the fabric I had on hand.  The blue fabric is kind of plastic coated and was kind of hard to work with.  I did make some changes on the bag (like I always do).  I made the main part of the bag, and had separate pieces that go over the dowels.

Here's the finished project:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The other change I made was adding a lining and pockets to the inside.  This allows me to keep my knitting needles, crochet hooks, patterns, etc. in it.  I haven't dug all my yarn out yet and I'm not sure it's all going to fit, but it will definitely better than what I had before.

I may end up making another bag, but for now I'm very happy with this!

No comments: